What you can expect from Foster Pet Outreach:
• All veterinary expenses are covered.
• Food and supplies are provided for your foster dog/cat.
• A supportive mentorship program with experienced foster families and access to a group page.
• Active promotion of your foster dog/cat.
• Bring foster dog/cat to an outreach event 1-2 Saturdays a month, for 1-2 hours at a time.
• Complete home visits and adoption visits for your foster dog/cat.
• Taking your foster dog/cat to vet visits, as needed.
• Providing regular feeding, grooming, training, play, and exercise.
• While it varies, the average dog/cat is with us 3-4 weeks. We cannot move the dog/cat to another home.
What to expect from your foster:
• Love and loyalty!
• Satisfaction and fulfillment from saving a life and finding someone their perfect pet.
• Animals that may need work with manners and behavioral issues (housebreaking, chewing, excessive barking, scratching…)
What Foster Pet Outreach expects from you:
• Providing love and attention to your foster pet so you can get to know them and their needs.
• Providing a safe and secure environment for your foster to be able to thrive.
• The ability to separate your foster from your other animals on an “as-needed” basis.
• Working on basic training, housebreaking, and socialization with the foster.
• Providing transportation for your foster to the veterinarian’s office, as needed.
• Providing transportation to training, as needed.
Our foster families commit to:
• Learn the unique needs of each foster dog/cat that enters their home.
• Keeping the dog/cat as an indoor pet for the duration of their care.
• Attending outreach events and other fundraising events, as needed.
• Screening potential adopters for their foster dog/cat and attending home visits to determine if an applicant is the best fit.
• Keeping personal animals vaccinated and keeping homeowners’ liability insurance current.
• Taking pictures and providing updates for each foster on a weekly basis.